Vegas Sports Masters Blog
Back to Blog Home…

Submitted by Kelso Sturgeon on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Those who got on board early for my annual guaranteed 11-day, 1,000-plus unit St. Valentine's Package have to be feeling rather comfortable as the actual program begins today. I released two big-game free bonus winners to those who signed up early and went a perfect 2-0, getting the cash Thursday night with my 100-unit College Upset Game of the Month as underdog Southern California (+9 ½) knocked off Stanford, 65-64, and then put the icing on the cake last night as Harvard (-11½) buried Penn, 73-54, in my 50-unit Ivy League Game of the Year.

The winning continues today with two more big game releases - another 100-unit College Blowout Game of the Week and a 50-unit situation play that should win just as easily. You can purchase these games individually for $85 or get the entire guaranteed St. Valentine's Package for just $175, charged to your major credit card.

My success with this annual event is a matter of record and I am so confident of success this season I am releasing it with the guarantee that If I do not win with the package you will receive all the college conference post-season tournaments free. The package, with additional details, is available on this website or toll free at 1-800-755-2255.

The limited basketball schedule for Friday allowed the release of just two games and I won them both - the aforementioned 50-unit Harvard win and a winning 25-unit Best Bets Basketball Investment Club with underdog Georgetown (+4 ½) and its 62-55 victory at Cincinnati. As always I want to share the reasons I used both Harvard and Georgetown last night. Here is what I had to say in my pre-game write-ups.

Ivy League Game Of The Year
50 Units
HARVARD (13-7) -11 ½ over Penn (5-17)
Prediction: Harvard by 17-18
Played at Lavietes Pavilion (2,195) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
RPI Standings: Penn 30th of 347, Harvard 89th of 347
Strength Of Schedule Rankings: Penn 200th of 347, Harvard 144th of 347
Starting Time: 7:05
No TV

Comments: Both teams are among the youngest in college basketball (Harvard 13th youngest and Penn 17th youngest among 347 teams) and that makes the home court a giant edge in this one since inexperienced teams traditionally struggle on the road while competing well at home. Penn is 1-11 on the road this season and Harvard is 9-1 at home. Harvard also has a tremendous edge in blue-chip talent and it showed in such road games at California, where it won, 67-62, as an 11-point underdog, and even in a loss two nights later at St. Mary's (21-5), 70-69. I also like the fact both these teams are in bounce mode, with Harvard, which comes off a 78-63 loss at Columbia, primed to bounce upward, and with Penn, which crushed Brown, 71-48 in its last game, set to bounce downward. Harvard also needs to win tonight to stay in first place in the Ivy League - an important incentive factor since the Ivy League has no post-season tournament and sends the league champion to the NCAA Tournament. The importance for Harvard to win tonight also is brought into more focus by the fact it plays Princeton, which is in second place, one game back in the win column, on this same floor Saturday night. Every single factor points to a big Crimson win.
Results: Harvard 73, Penn 54 (W)

Best Bets Basketball Investment Club
25 Units
Georgetown (18-4) +4 ½ over CINCINNATI (19-6)
Prediction: Georgetown by 3-4
Played at Fifth Third Arena (13,176) in Cincinnati, Ohio
RPI Standings: Georgetown 19th of 347, Cincinnati 35th of 347
Strength of Schedule Rankings: Georgetown 43rd, Cincinnati 33rd
Starting Time: 9:05
TV: ESPN

Comments: I respect the fact Cincinnati is the favorite in this game but my figures say both teams are almost dead-even, with Cincinnati grading out with a 50.5% chance to win straight up and that means Georgetown has a 49.5% chance to win. In other words, everything about this game says it is too close to call and my money is going on the 'dog for that reason, and several others. Georgetown is a young team that has matured and is the blue-chip talent to beat any team it faces. The Hoyas are 6-0 SU and ATS in their last six games and 8-1 SU and ATS in their last nine. They give up but 55.7 points per game (ranked 8th of 347 NCAA teams), are holding opponents to just 37.6% from the floor (11th best of 247 teams and just 1.6 percentage points off first place Kansas (36.0%). In addition, Georgetown is a killer against 3-point shooters. Five times in their last seven games they have held the long-range shooters in the 20s, including two games in which opponents Notre Dame shot 12.5% from 3-point range and St. John's 18.8%. Cincinnati is always tough at home but has already lost there to Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, St. John's and New Mexico. It also is of note the Bearcats opened the season 12-0 and have since gone 7-6. Georgetown is the better team right now and should get it done and remain in a tie for first place in the Big East Conference.
Results: Georgetown 61, Cincinnati 55 (W)

West 3-Point Favorite In Sunday NBA All-Star Game

The NBA All-Star Game will be played Sunday at the Toyota Center in Houston and the West is a solid-3-point favorite to win its 3rd straight and its fourth in the last five seasons. I will be releasing this game as a 50-unit side/total parlay tomorrow and will be going for my third straight win with this bet in this game.

My 50-unit play in this game also is part of my St. Valentine's Package and will again lead off a 150-unit day that also includes another 100-unit collegeplay.

Here are the rosters for each team.

Eastern Conference All-Stars
# PLAYER
7 Carmelo Anthony (Knicks)
6 LeBron James (Heat)
5 Kevin Garnett (Celtics)
9 Rajon Rondo (Celtics) out
3 Dwyane Wade (Heat)
1 Chris Bosh (Heat)
6 Tyson Chandler (Knicks)
9 Luol Deng (Bulls)
24 Paul George (Pacers)
11 Jrue Holiday (76ers)
2 Kyrie Irving (Cavaliers)
11 Brook Lopez (Nets)
13 Joakim Noah (Bulls) "?"
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra (Heat)

Western Conference All-Stars
# PLAYER
35 Kevin Durant (Thunder)
32 Blake Griffin (Clippers)
12 Dwight Howard (Lakers) "?"
24 Kobe Bryant (Lakers)
3 Chris Paul (Clippers)
12 LaMarcus Aldridge (Trail Blazers)
21 Tim Duncan (Spurs)
13 James Harden (Rockets) "?"
10 David Lee (Warriors)
9 Tony Parker (Spurs)
50 Zach Randolph (Grizzlies)
0 Russell Westbrook (Thunder)
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich (Spurs)

100-Unit College Blowout Tops Saturday Menu
I have gone 15-5-1 with my 100-unit releases this season and am going for another one today with a team that grades out with better than a 90% chance to cover the number. When I release a team as a 100-unit play it has to have 100% of the edges, including such things as being the power team in the power vs. weakness factor, being ready to play its best game while facing a team on the downside of its form and, last but not least, playing in a situation that all but guarantees the win and cover. Today's 100-unit team has all those things, and more, and should win in blowout fashion. Get this giant winner for just $50, charged to your major credit card.

My 15-5-1 Record With 100-Unit College Plays
2/14...Southern California (+9 ½) 65, Stanford 64 (W)
2/13...Wichita State (14 ½) 71, Drake 56 (W)
2/9...Marquette (-15) 89, DePaul 78 (L)
2/7...Drexel (-12 ½) 66, Old Dominion 78 (L)
2/6...Saint Louis (-13 ½) 90, Fordham 73 (W)
2/2...Minnesota (-10) 62, Iowa 59 (L)
1/31...Illinois-Chicago (+1.5) 60, Wisconsin-Green Bay 57 (W)
1/29...Mississippi (-2 ½) 74, Kentucky 87 (L)
1/26...Texas (-12) 73, Texas Tech 57 (W)
1/23...San Diego State (-4) 78, Nevada 57 (W)
1/19...New Mexico State (-12) 70, San Jose State 53 (W)
1/16...N.C. State (+2 ½) 50, Maryland 51 (W)
1/12...Arizona (-10) 80, Oregon State 70 (P)
1/9...Indiana State (-4 ½) 69, Bradley 53 (W)
1/5...Colorado State (-10 ½) 85, St. Bonaventure 64 (W)
12/29...Illinois (-12 ½) 81, Auburn 79 (L)
12/22...Louisville (-22) 78, Western Kentucky 55 (W)
12/18...N. C. State (-7) 88, Stanford 79 (W)
12/15...Arizona State (-16 ½) 61, Dartmouth 42 (W)
12/8...Villanova (-5 ½) 68, Penn 55 (W)
12/1...Mississippi (-9) 80, Rutgers 67 (W)

Nationally Televised Game Tops 4-0 Day
This past Saturday I released for the first time this season four Best Bets Basketball Investment Club plays and went 3-1 with wins by Notre Dame, Northeastern and Kansas State while losing with Miami. It's right back with four more today. The Saturday college basketball schedule is again loaded with opportunities to win a series of tickets and for just the second time this season have found four teams that qualify for play, with each grading out with an 80% chance to cover the number. My top play of the day will be a 15-unit play on a nationally televised game. You can win this one, plus three additional 10-unit plays, for just $20, charged to your major credit card.

50-Unit Situation Play Has 90% Chance To Win
I was burning the midnight oil last night handicapping today's college basketball schedule and it paid off, producing a team that has four giant edges going for it - (1) it is one of the two or three most under-rated teams in the country, (2) it has dramatically superior talent, (3) it is being offered with a very soft number and (4) in the analysis process graded out with a 90% chance to cover the number. Do not miss this one. You can win the first 50-unit Chairman's Basketball Investment Club play of the season for just $35, charged to your major credit card.

Join the discussion

Login

Forgot password

Register
Keep me logged in
Ok